New Student Enrollment
We are so excited to have your child join the Essex Westford School District. As we begin this educational journey together, we look forward to partnering with you. We value your insights and support in providing the best educational experiences for your child.
To check which school your student will attend, please:
- review our District Boundaries at our About Us page, or
- find your assigned schools on our Google map, at https://tinyurl.com/ewsdmap
If you are moving, transferring or wish to have your child's school assignment reviewed, please:
- visit our District page on Changing Schools.
To register a new student with the Essex Westford School District, please choose from the following options.
To register for Kindergarten, follow the same registration process as grades 1-12 below. For more information on students entering Kindergarten, visit our Kindergarten in EWSD page.
Grades 1-12 Registration
If you are registering a new student within the district you will first need to fill out our Pre-Enrollment form. This short form asks basic questions such as name and address to verify enrollment eligibility and generate the initial student account within our PowerSchool system. Make sure to select the appropriate school year and grade level that the student will be entering when they start school within our district.
After submitting the Pre-Enrollment form you will receive an email acknowledging receipt of the form. A registrar will review and approve your Pre-Enrollment form within 48 hours. When your Pre-Enrollment form is approved (or rejected) you will receive an email to notify you of this. If approved, that email will contain an access ID and password you’ll use to create a parent access account for our PowerSchool system. Parents/guardians who already have an EWSD PowerSchool access account will use this access ID and password to add the new student to their existing account. Once your account is set up you will find the rest of the forms you need to complete in order to finish the registration process. After all forms and required documents have been received, it will take up to a week for the registration request to be approved. See the Powerschool Parent Portal page for help with the enrollment process.
Powerschool Mobile is built to help families easily view and fill out forms in the mobile app on any device. It can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store (search for 'PowerSchool'). PowerSchool apps should be the first results that appear.
Sign in to the PowerSchool Mobile App for iOS:
- After you have downloaded the mobile app to your device, configure the app to recognize the server for your school district. The EWSD's code is: MSBF
- Then sign in to the app with your PowerSchool student and parent portal username and password
- If you do not have a PowerSchool student and parent portal account, tap 'I Need An Account' at the bottom of the first screen for complete information on how to get an account
To get to the forms, navigate to the 'More' section on the bottom navigation pane and select 'Forms.' Find and complete the desired form. Please make sure that you submit all required forms.
Tips and Resources
- Parents Guide for the New Student Enrollment Process
- The PowerSchool Parent Portal can be found here. PowerSchool parent access accounts cannot be created from the PowerSchool Mobile App. Firefox and Chrome are the recommended browsers.
- Food Assistance Funding May be Available! To see if you qualify, click here to complete the online application. It's fast and easy!
- Please complete a separate 2023-2024 EWSD To-and-From School Transportation Registration request for EACH student that will be riding a bus.
Registration and Enrollment News
Essex Westford School District is proud to offer student registration using online forms. These forms are integrated into PowerSchool, our student information system, and simplify the registration process for parents and guardians who can readily access the internet. These forms will be used for new student registrations as well as annual student updates. New EWSD students' online registrations for 2023-24 school year are available.
EWSD is happy to provide assistance with the school registration and enrollment process to limited English-proficient parents in a language they can understand. We will provide translation or interpretation from trained individuals for annual student information updates or for the new enrollment forms.
To request a translator, parents would need to contact their school's main office. Assigned translators will work with the family to create a Powerschool Portal account and help the family to fill out the required forms.
Student registration is ongoing. For questions, please contact your nearest school.
Please note, that the first day of school for 2023-24 has yet to be determined.
Contact a School Registrar
- Jillian Aldrich
- Katie Bagnall
- Niquette Bergeron
- Victoria Cooper
- Elisha Hall
- Hollee Kennison
- Emily Kim
- Theresa Martin
- Michelle Murphy-Ertle
- Teresa Sorrell