English Language Learners (ELL) at Founders
Students who are English Language Learners (ELLs) in grades K-12 are provided with a comprehensive ELL Program that is staffed by highly qualified ELL teachers. These teachers focus on meeting the needs of all students in the program in two areas: becoming proficient in the English language and adjusting to the school and community culture.
Below are is a list of FMS ELL staff:
- District English Language Learner Coordinator: Jackie Tolman
- ELL teachers at Founders: Rachel Rosenblum and Kayla Johnson
- Nepali-speaking Liaison: Prem Bhatttarai
- Maay-Maay/Somali-Somali Liaison: Noor Bulle
- Translation Services: Jackie Tolman
Jackie Tolman, Director of Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment
(802) 857-2019 or email@example.com
Eliane Barrett, Translation Services
802 857 2014 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Degrees and Certifications:
Hi! My name is Kayla Johnson. I am the English Language Learner teacher at Founders and EMS! I have been working in the district for 8 years and I love every minute of it. It is a joy to see students come into school and watch them grow as readers, writers, listeners, and speakers. I love living in this wonderfully diverse community with my husband and daughter. In my free time I love to garden, hike, canoe, and cook!