How to access the library Databases and Pathfinders?
- Click on Databases and eBooks
- Use your EWSD Google Login
- At home, if necessary to log in to any of the databases-
- Log in using the username and password listed on the page.
Which database should I use?
Newspapers & Magazine Articles:
- National/International newspapers and magazine articles (EBSCO)
- News & magazine articles (Gale - General OneFile)
- Scholarly Journals (Gale - Academic OneFile)
- U.S. regional, national, and local, world newspapers (Gale - Infotrac News OneFile)
- World Newspapers (Scholastic Go)
Find Today's Hot Topics:
- CQ Researcher (CQ Press)
- Issues & Controversies (Infobase)
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context (Gale)
- SIRS (Social Issues Resource Series) (ProQuest)
Finding Information on People and Events in History:
- American History and World History (ABC Clio)
- Biography in Context (Gale)
- Great Lives from History (Salem Press, Access it from the eBooks page)
- Great Events from History (Salem Press, Access it from the eBooks page)
Finding Information on Decades:
- Use the Pathfinder - American Decades 1900-2000`s
Finding Information on Primary Resources:
- Use the Pathfinder - Primary Resources
Fake News and Media
- News Literacy Interactive Lessons and Enrichment Activities - Access to Premium version available till June 2020
- Fake News - PBS LearningMedia
Why use databases? How to Search them?