Concussion Health Information
Please note that a student's return to school following a concussion is an extremely individual process.
Families should notify the school nurse when a head injury has occurred. We encourage families to contact their health care provider in the event of a concussion or suspected concussion. The management of the concussion is best accomplished by good communication among parents, the school and health care providers.
- EHS: Concussion Action Plan & Student-Parent Acknolwedgement Form
- EHS Return To Learn Protocol (Brain Injury Association of Vermont guidelines) *
- Parents Guide to Returning Your Child to School Following a Concussion (Center for the Study of Traumatic Stress) *
- Head's Up! CDC's Concussion Information Hub (The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Concussions: A Brief Guide for Parents (What is a Concussion? Symptoms, and Questions for Providers. Brain Injury Ass'n of Vermont)
- Concussions: A Brief Guide for Students (How to Recover, What to Watch for, etc. Brain Injury Ass'n of Vermont)
- Brain Injury Association of Vermont
- Concussion ABCs - The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- The Center on Brain Injury Research and Training, a website with resources, run by the University of Oregon.
- Returning to Learning Following a Concussion. Halstead, M., McAvoy, K., et al. - Pediatrics: originally published online October 27, 2013.