College Application Process
2020-2021 SENIORS and parents/guardians:
- Students should make an appointment with their School Counselor 4-5 weeks before your first college application deadline.
- Students must log into NAVIANCE to finalize their college list and complete the Senior Information Form under 'SURVEYS'.
- Students must also Match their Common App account and digitally sign the FERPA waiver on the Common App site.
- See instructional video:
- Parents/Guardians/EHS students must complete the 2020-21 Transcript Authorization Form to authorize the sending of your student's official EHS transcript. (PLEASE NOTE: This request is for CURRENT EHS students only)
- Students can then request transcripts and recommendation letters through NAVIANCE. Please request them at least 3 weeks in advance of the first deadline (see table below.)
- See instructional videos:
- Students need to access the ACT site and/or the SAT site to have scores sent to colleges to be considered official score reports. EHS does not send these scores
- Students need to submit the applications to colleges prior to the college deadlines
- The EHS 2020-21 School Profile (also coming soon!) has useful information about our school, requirements, test results, grade point averages and more.
College Application Program for Seniors (virtual dates coming soon!). We will send an update as we get closer with more details on the format.
SENIORS who are considering applying to any type of college or technical program following high school need to attend this meeting. Topics to be covered include fall college visits, requesting transcripts and recommendation letters, ACT and SAT testing, application tips and deadlines, and essay writing.
- Continue your college search and visit schools when possible. A lot of colleges are offering online visit and info sessions due to COVID 19. Also, don’t be afraid to reach out to college admission counselors with questions – they are there to help you.
On behalf of the EHS counseling team, we are wishing you a great summer, and please know your school counselor will be available to help in the fall with this process.
- Use Naviance to do career and college searching, and start developing a list of schools. Getting comfortable with Naviance will help when we discuss transcript and recommendation requests at the virtual meeting. You can access Naviance on the EHS website under “Student Tools.” Username is the same as your regular school log in. Initial password is your month, date, year of birth (6 digits …XXZZYY) unless you have changed it.
EHS Deadlines for Transcripts & Recommendation Letters
Please note: You may submit your request prior to these date. Below the table outlines the last day you may submit your information in NAVIANCE to EHS for it to be guaranteed to be sent by the deadline.
*While we will make every reasonable effort to do so, after this date we cannot guarantee that requested materials will be sent by the application deadline.