Health Office: Ellen Ammirato
School Nurse Ellen Ammirato (long-term substitute)
Welcome to the Westford School Health Page.
Ellen Ammirato, MS, RN, is here full-time as a substitute, while school is in session.
- All information is kept in the student’s confidential health file located in the Health Office.
- Please send all information directly to the School Nurse. Your child’s medical provider can also fax forms to the Health Office at (802) 879-0874.
Please feel free to contact Ellen by Email, or call (802)857-7979 on the private line for the Health Office.
COVID-19 and Our Schools
Your EWSD nurses are here to support the health and wellness of our entire school community. We are all aware of the prolonged flu season and the novel coronavirus, COVID-19. The District continues to follow preventative and response guidelines offered by the Vermont Department of Health (VDH) and Vermont Agency of Education (AOE).
Your building nurse is available for any questions or concerns you may have regarding any illness or symptoms.
For District updates related to COVID-19, and helpful tips on staying healthy, please visit our EWSD page on the novel coronavirus. (Opens in a new window.)
The American Academy of Pediatrics has great information for families and health regarding viral exposure at their website, Healthy Children.
Degrees and Certifications:
All students enrolled in all grades at the Westford School require the following:
- an MD physical
- a record of immunizations for school entry, or
- a signed immunizations exemption form
Students who want to participate in sports activities need:
- a sports physical every two years with a "Well Exam" form on file with our office.
All forms can be found on our Health Forms page.