Welcome to the FMS Health Office
If your child is sick, please keep them home from school and school-related activities.
Nurse: Alicia Goodkind, MSN, RN, CPN
Phone: (802) 857-6304
Fax: (802) 879-6139
Covid Guidelines Fall 2022/23
If you test positive for the COVID virus:
- Stay home and isolate for five days.
- You can leave your home after five days if your symptoms have improved AND you have had no fever for at least 24 hours without the use of medicine that reduces fever.
EWSD School Guidelines
The current guidance on Covid-19 is that, like the flu, this virus may be part of our lives for the foreseeable future. We will start the year with the simple request that any ill student is kept home until they are fever, vomiting, and diarrhea free for 24 hours and other symptoms are mild and resolving. Please also take time to become familiar with the following:
- Masks in all EWSD buildings will be optional.
- We ask that if you or your child has been exposed, please monitor for symptoms.
- If the choice is made to test the student at home and they are positive for COVID, the EWSD will follow the current guidance, asking the student to stay home for five days from the start of symptoms or the positive test if asymptomatic.
- The Health offices in the EWSD have COVID tests for in-school and take-home use for symptomatic students and staff. If a student presents with symptoms in the health office, a parent will be called and consulted before a student is tested.
- COVID testing will not be required for symptomatic students or staff to stay at or return to school.
- We ask that you please have a plan in place if your child needs to be picked up.
COVID-19 and Our Schools
Your EWSD nurses are here to support the health and wellness of our entire school community. We are all aware of the prolonged flu season and the novel coronavirus, COVID-19. The District continues to follow preventative and response guidelines offered by the Vermont Department of Health (VDH) and Vermont Agency of Education (AOE).
Your building nurse is available for any questions or concerns you may have regarding any illness or symptoms.
For District updates related to COVID-19, and helpful tips on staying healthy, please visit our EWSD page on the novel coronavirus. (Opens in a new window.)