The Surgeon General’s Report states that physical activity declines dramatically during adolescence; through our curriculum we work with students to become and stay active. Physical activity of moderate intensity (4 times/week/60 minutes) is necessary for an individual to be physically fit, so in addition to being active in class, we strongly recommended that children participate in physical activity outside of school hours.
Student's RESPONSIBILTY is to:
1. Wear a T-SHIRT and SHORTS/SWEATPANTS/ATHLETIC WEAR/LEGGINGS (NO JEGGINGS or DENIM JEANS)
2. Wear LACED AND TIED SNEAKERS
3. USE their assigned LOCKER and PADLOCK (appropriately protecting your belongings). Issued padlock must be returned or a $6.00 fee will be charged to the student. Failure to pay for a lost lock could prohibit participation in end-of-year activities.
4. Have a WRITTEN NOTE from a parent/guardian/nurse/doctor if you are to be excused from participation in class. Exemption notes should contain the date, reason for and length of exemption.
** If you use an inhaler its your responsibility to have/use it as needed.
5. Be on time, conduct themselves in a safe and respectful manner, complete requested work and to follow EMS’s healthy limits.
* Your teacher(s) will provide additional information during the various units (i.e. assessments, written work, independent reading). Some pertinent expectations of students during class include; wearing appropriate clothes, wearing tied sneakers, demonstrating skills, strategies and/or tactics of the activity, exhibiting respect to others, cooperating with peers and teacher and completing assignments.