EWSD PreKindergarten Options
ACT 166/UNIVERSAL PRE-K (COMMUNITY BASED)
The Essex Westford School District (EWSD) is committed to providing quality early education options to the residents of Essex Junction, Essex Town, and Westford. For students who (a) attend qualified community-based preschool programs, (b) are at least 3 years of age by 9/1/17, and (c) are residents of the district, rolling admission is in effect to receive Universal Pre-K/Act 166 funds.
Please contact Johanna Simmons with any Act 166-related inquiries or to request registration materials: 857-2005, email@example.com
- Registration for Universal Pre-K/Act 166 is open and ongoing
- Please keep in mind that funding will be pro-rated for students who register after September 1st
- For the 2017-2018 school year, children need to be at least 3 years old on or before September 1, 2017
- If your child is funded as a 3 year old, s/he will continue to be funded until s/he enters Kindergarten
- Children who received Act 166 funds during the 2016-2017 school year from either Chittenden Central Supervisory Union (CCSU) or the Essex Town School District (ETSD) do not need to apply again; their enrollment will carry over into the current year
What is Act 166/Universal Pre-K?
- Ten hours per week of developmentally-appropriate early learning experiences that are based on Vermont’s Early Learning Standards
- Pre-Kindergarten education is limited to the academic year (September-June, 35 weeks)
- If your child is at least 3 years of age by September 1st and resides in Essex Junction, Essex Town or Westford, s/he is eligible to participate
What Are the Publicly-Funded Pre-Kindergarten Programs?
- Publicly-funded pre-Kindergarten programs are located in community, private early care and education centers that meet specific quality standards. This link (Vermont Providers) will bring you to a list of qualified pre-Kindergarten providers in Vermont
- The state tuition rate paid to community-based private pre-Kindergarten providers on behalf of children attending qualified programs during the 2017-2018 school year is $3,178
- Children may not access the 10 hours of funding in both a community-based program and a school-based preschool
How Do I Apply?
- Pick up an enrollment packet at 58 Founders Road
- Note: The registration packet requires supplemental paperwork, including a copy of your child's birth certificate and proof of residency
SCHOOL-BASED PRE-KINDERGARTEN PROGRAMS
The deadline for applications for 2017-2018 school-based pre-Kindergarten slots has passed. If you are interested in school-based preschool programs in EWSD, please contact Johanna Simmons at 857-2005 or firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about potential openings.
EWSD offers school-based pre-Kindergarten programs at Summit Street School, Hiawatha Elementary, Essex Elementary School, and Westford School. These school-based pre-Kindergarten programs are free to residents of Essex Town, Essex Junction and Westford.
- In order to attend a school-based pre-Kindergarten programs in Essex Junction (at Summit or Hiawatha), children must be 4 on/before September 1, 2017
- In order to attend the Westford or Essex Town programs, children must be 3 on/before September 1, 2017
Contact for EWSD Pre-Kindergarten Information:
58 Founders Road
Essex Junction, Vermont 05452