Free & Reduced-Price School Meals
Children need healthy meals to learn. Essex Westford School District offers healthy meals every school day.
Your children may qualify for free meals or for reduced price meals. Reduced price meals are served at no charge to families.
Application Now Online!
This year we have made Free & Reduced Price Lunch Applications available fully online!
- Visit MySchoolApps (opens in a new window) to search for the EWSD lunch form, and fill it out electronically.
- If you prefer to use a PDF and not use the app you may obtain a Free & Reduced Price Lunch application in PDF form (opens in a new window) from the Vermont Agency of Education.
- Note: You may also obtain a Free & Reduced Price Lunch Application from your school, and may receive copies in the fall handouts many EWSD schools prepare.
Accessibility Notice: PDF link goes to Vermont Agency of Education website. Should you experience any difficulty in accessing these documents, please don’t hesitate to contact the EWSD Webmaster at: email@example.com. We will work to provide information to you in an alternative format.
Who can get free & reduced price lunches?
- All children in households receiving benefits from 3SquaresVT or Reach-Up are eligible for free meals.
- Foster children that are under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court are eligible for free meals.
- Children participating in their school’s Head Start program are eligible for free meals.
- Children who meet the definition of homeless, runaway, or migrant are eligible for free meals.
- Children may receive free or reduced price meals if your household’s income is within the limits on the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines. Your children may qualify for free or reduced price meals if your household income falls at or below the limits on the Federal Guidelines chart below.
Read the complete list of FAQs about the Free and Reduced-Price Lunch Program here.
If you have other questions or need help, call your child’s school for more information.
To find out how to apply for 3SquaresVT or other assistance benefits, contact your local assistance office or call 1-800-479-6151.