Free & Reduced-Price School Meals
Children need healthy meals to learn. Essex Westford School District offers healthy meals every school day.
Breakfast costs $2.00.
Lunch costs $3.25.
Your children may qualify for free meals or for reduced price meals. Reduced price meals are served at no charge to families.
Download a Free & Reduced Price Lunch application in PDF form
*Opens in a new window as part of the Vermont Agency of Education website. Should you experience any difficulty in accessing these documents, please don’t hesitate to contact the EWSD Webmaster at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will work to provide information to you in an alternative format.
Who can get free & reduced price lunches?
- All children in households receiving benefits from 3SquaresVT or Reach-Up are eligible for free meals.
- Foster children that are under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court are eligible for free meals.
- Children participating in their school’s Head Start program are eligible for free meals.
- Children who meet the definition of homeless, runaway, or migrant are eligible for free meals.
- Children may receive free or reduced price meals if your household’s income is within the limits on the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines. Your children may qualify for free or reduced price meals if your household income falls at or below the limits on the Federal Guidelines chart below.
Read the complete list of FAQs about the Free and Reduced-Price Lunch Program here.
If you have other questions or need help, call your child’s school for more information.
To find out how to apply for 3SquaresVTor other assistance benefits, contact your local assistance office or call 1-800-479-6151.