Directions to EHS
Essex High School is conveniently located in the center of Essex Junction, just off Routes 2A and 15.
All athletic events are currently played at the High School, with the exception of an occasional night freshman or jv baseball game at Essex Junction's Maple St. Park.
- To find Essex High School, click here to open a Google Map of our location
- For Directions to Opposing Schools
Traveling from the south:
To reach the Essex High School from Interstate 89-N
- Take exit 11 (Richmond), take a right off the exit, then an immediate right onto the River Road (rte 117, also Maple St. in Essex Junction). Follow for approximately 8 miles to the 5 corners intersection. Take a right onto rte 2A, follow for less than 1/4 mile, take a right onto North St. Immediately cross railroad tracks and take a left onto Old Colchester Road. Take the first right into the school. This way normally has less traffic than the next option and is recommended during times of day when roads may be busy.
- Take exit 12, take a right off the exit onto rte 2A, follow approximately 4 miles into Essex Junction, then see above.
Traveling from the north:
To reach Essex High School from Interstate 89-S
- Take exit 17 (Champlain Islands, Milton), take a left off the exit and proceed to the traffic light. Go right at the light onto rte 7 South, follow to intersection with rte 2A. Left onto 2A, follow to Essex Junction. Before reaching 5 corners intersection, just after an entrance to the Champlain Valley Fairgrounds on your right, take a left onto North St., and an immediate left after crossing railroad tracks onto Old Colchester Road. Take the first right into the school.
To reach the high school from rte 15 North or South:
- Coming from Burlington or Winooski on rte 15 North, proceed to the 5 corners intersection, then either take a left onto rte 2A and follow directions above, or stay on rte 15. Approximately 1/4 mile from 5 corners, take a left at blinking yellow light onto Educational Drive. Proceed straight into school.
- Coming from Essex Town, Westford, etc., on rte 15 South, take a right at the blinking yellow light onto Educational Drive. Proceed straight into school.
To reach the Maple St. Park baseball field:
- Coming into Essex Junction on rte 117, you are on Maple St. and the Park will be on your left immediately after passing Albert D. Lawton Middle School on your right. Or, from the 5 corners intersection, get on rte 117, and the Park is approximately 1/2 mile on your right.
To reach the Essex Rink:
- The rink is adjacent to the school, so please follow the above directions.
To reach the Tree Farm Field Complex (freshman soccer):
- From the high school, exit next to the hockey rink, turn right onto Old Colchester Road. The field complex is 1/2 mile on your right. Parking is in the North lot at the high school, just past the high school entrance. Then walk up Old Colchester Road to the fields.
If you have any questions about how to reach our school, please call the athletic office at 802-879-5548 or the main office at 802-879-7121.