SkillTech: Radiology for Dental Assistants
This course is designed to prepare dental assistants for an endorsement in radiology in the dental office.
Emphasis is placed on understanding and practicing the essentials of radiographic clinical procedures.
How to qualify for admission:
- Participant must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Participant must have been officially registered with the Board of Dental Examiners as a Traditional Dental Assistant for six months and must have completed at least six consecutive months of employment as a dental assistant in a clinical setting prior to taking this course.
- Participant must attach a copy of Vermont State Registration to the application or it will be returned.
You will be required to attend:
- Lecture Session (7 hours) This lecture session will cover theory and techniques used in exposing dental radiographs.
- Preclinical Session (4 hours)
- Clinical Session (2 hours) During this session student will: expose a complete FMX on a patient (student`s responsibility to provide a patient), take a written dental radiography exam (must achieve 80% to pass course), and take a clinical test out with a grade of 80% or higher.
- Lecture Session Saturday, May 6, 8 am - 4 p.m. (lunch is on your own).
- Preclinical Sessions are on one of the following days: Monday, May 8 or Tuesday, May 9 or Wednesday, May 10, 3-8 pm. A date and time will be selected randomly, so make sure that any one of the dates and times will work.
- Clinical Test Out Session, Saturday, May 20. 8am. to 3pm. A time will be selected randomly, so make sure that any time will work. Please note that if you miss your test out time, there will be a $130.00 fee to reschedule on a different day.
Deadline: When class fills.
Instructor: Beth Ladd, Lead Instructor.
Location: CTE Dental Assisting Classroom, 2 Educational Dr., Essex Junction, VTRegistration Process: After you register, you will receive via email a Pdf copy of the registration form. You ARE NOT enrolled in the Radiology class until we receive payment and this completed form along with a copy of your State license indicating that you will have been registered for 6 months prior to start of class. Also you must have worked 6 consecutive months as a dental assistant in a clinical setting prior to taking this course.
SkillTech Nondiscrimination Statement
SkillTech is committed to providing a comfortable and encouraging learning environment for all students. We support and value tolerance and responsibility and expect students to treat each other and the staff with respect. Disrespectful behavior is unwelcome, and interactions that are offensive will not be tolerated.
The Center for Technology, Essex does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national
origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or age in its programs or
activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies:
Bob Travers, Director
2 Educational Drive Suite 200
Essex Junction, VT 05452