SkillTech: Radiology for Dental Assistants
This course is designed to prepare dental assistants for an endorsement in radiology in the dental office.
Emphasis is placed on understanding and practicing the essentials of radiographic clinical procedures.
How to qualify for admission:
- Participant must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Participant must have been officially registered with the Board of Dental Examiners as a Traditional Dental Assistant for six months and must have completed at least six consecutive months of employment as a dental assistant in a clinical setting prior to taking this course.
- Participant must attach a copy of Vermont State Registration to the application or it will be returned.
You will be required to attend:
- Lecture Session (7 hours) This lecture session will cover theory and techniques used in exposing dental radiographs.
- Preclinical Session (4 hours)
- Clinical Session (2 hours) During this session student will: expose a complete FMX on a patient (student`s responsibility to provide a patient), take a written dental radiography exam (must achieve 70% to pass course), and take a clinical test out with a grade of 80% or higher.
Day/Time: Lecture Session Saturday, November 3, 2018, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. (lunch is on your own).
Preclinical Session, Tuesday, November 6 or Thursday, November 8 from 3-7 p.m.
Clinical Test Out Session, Saturday, November 10. (Choice of times).
(Please note that if you miss your test out time, there will be a $130.00 fee to reschedule on a different day.)
Deadline: October 25, 2018
Instructor: Beth Ladd, Tracy Towers and Kathy DeLucco
Location: CTE Dental Assisting Classroom, 2 Educational Dr., Essex Junction, VT
Registration Process: When you register, a more detailed hard-copy registration packet will be mailed to you to fill out and submit. Registration Process