SkillTech: Refrigerant Transition and Recovery Certification
This 30 hour hands-on introductory refrigerant certification course will include training in air distribution, compressors, condensers, evaporators, system components, air conditioning, heat transfer and distribution, tools, controls, and troubleshooting.
At the conclusion of the course, participants may test for their Act 608 Refrigerant Transition and Recovery Certification.
What you will learn:
- Introduction to air conditioning
- ABCs of air conditioning
- The refrigeration cycle
- Refrigerant characteristics
- Refrigerant oils
- Refrigerant piping
- Evacuation and charging
- Charging procedures for residential units
- Temperature and pressure
- Charging/recovery and reclamation
- Electrical and refrigerant controls
- Electrical controls and their symbols
- Introduction to electricity and electrical currents
- Electrical service techniques
- Electrical troubleshooting
- Residential air system design
- Understanding wiring diagrams
Time: 5:30pm - 8:30pm
Total Hours: 30
Day/Time: Class meets 10 Wednesdays beginning Oct. 31,2018, ending January 16, 2019.
No class Nov. 21 and Dec 26.
Deadline: October 22, 2018