Student Performance on State Assessments
All Vermont students are required to take the state assessments SMARTER Balanced Assessment Consortium (SBAC) in English Language Arts and Mathematics in grades 3-9. In addition, in 2018 all Vermont students participated in two new pilot state assessments. All students in grade 5, 8 and 11 took the new Vermont Science Assessement (VTSA) and all students in grades 4, 7 and 10 participated in Fitnessgram which now serves as a new state Physical Education assessment. Because 2018 was a pilot year, we will not receive any data on these new assessments.
Below are the most recent student achievement data for the students of the Essex Westford School District. The numbers below indicate the percent of students who received a score of “Proficient” and above.
New! Below are the EWSD "Preliminary" SBAC results for Spring 2019. Preliminary data means that this is the data we can see in the portal as our student results come in. We are allowed to share the results publically as of June 14, 2019, however we do not have access to state data, results from other schools, or our own data disaggregated into smaller subgroups. In addition the * indicates grade levels where we have just a few more student results that have not yet come in.
- We are expecting the results of the new state science assessment (VTSA) and the new physical education assessment (VTPEA) in the Fall.
- In 2018 the high school assessment moved from grade 11 to grade 9.
For more information....
- Visit the Vermont Agency of Education assessment website
- Learn about Common Core State Standards in English/Language Arts and Math
- Please feel free to download the March 19th EWSD School Board Presentation "EWSD Continuous Improvement Plan: Focus on Student Outcomes".