Title I Compact
This compact outlines how parents and schools of the Essex Westford School District receiving funding under Title I, Part A of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) share the responsibility for improved student academic achievement and the means by which the school and parents will build and develop a partnership that will help children achieve the State’s high academic standards.
The schools will:
- Provide high-quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment that enables the participating children to meet the state standards;
- Hold parent/guardian-teacher conferences (at least annually in elementary schools);
- Provide parents/guardians with frequent reports on their children’s progress;
- Provide parents/guardians reasonable access to staff; and
- Provide parents/guardians opportunities to volunteer and participate in their child’s class, as is reasonable and in support of student learning.
- Stay informed about student academic progress by communicating with teachers at parent conferences and reviewing written progress reports;
- Ensure that their students are attending school regularly and are coming to school prepared to learn; and
- Consider ways to become involved in school events, when possible, including attending open-houses, volunteering in classrooms, chaperoning field trips.