Using Microsoft Word for Citations
Using Microsoft Office Word for Citations and Bibliographies
To create citations:
- Place the cursor where you want to add a citation.
- Click on the "References" tab and select a style from the drop-down (MLA or APA).
- Click "Insert Citation" > "Add a New Source." Select the type of material (book, website, film, etc.) and fill out the form. (To view all the fields, check "Show all the Bibliography Fields" in the lower left-hand corner.)
- Add more sources
- To Edit a source use Manage source command
To create a bibliography:
- Place cursor on the last page of the document (or wherever you would like your bibliography or works cited page to be).
- Click "Bibliography" > "Insert Bibliography."