Athletic Leadership Council
MISSION STATEMENT: The mission of the Essex High School Athletic Leadership Council is to enhance the total student-athlete experience by fostering a positive student image, expanding school and community public relations, sponsoring and participating in school and community service activities, improving communication, and promoting school spirit. More specifically, the council will strive to:
- Organize and carry out public relations and community service activities involving EHS student-athletes, our school and our community.
- Inform and encourage EHS and the community to become more aware of issues faced by the student-athletes and recognize their accomplishments.
- Promote communication between EHS administration, coaches, and student-athletes.
- Involve all athletic teams to build a sense of community and spirit within the athletic program.
- Blood Drive `“ 2 annually
- Reading at Elementary Schools
- Penny Wars for Unified Sports
- Girls on the Run
- Strides Against Breast Cancer
- Athletes Afoot
- Leaf raking for local senior citizens
- Penguin Plunge
- Remember Alex Brown campaign against texting while driving
- Dodgeball tournament
- Bowling Tournament
- Wiffleball Tournament
- Volleyball Tournament
- 3 on 3 basketball Tournament
- Powderpuff Football Game
- Homecoming: spirit rally?, ½ time activity
- Fan t-shirts
- Halftime shows
- Winter Carnival
- Coach Appreciation
- Teacher Appreciation
- Custodian Appreciation
- Dance (Varsity Ball)
- Chuck a Puck at hockey games
- Sports tournaments from school spirit list above
- Games of the Week
- ALC `œAthlete of the Week (or Month)`
- ALC Bulletin Board `“ post articles, etc.
- Hornet Sports highlight video and/or slide show
ALC MEMBER EVENTS/ACTIVITIES
- Essex Cinemas Event `“ guest speaker and movie
- ALC members speaking at athletic dept events
- ALC t-shirts