The purpose of the EHS Chess Club is to promote participation and excellence in the playing of the game of Chess while exploring the game's educational benefits. The club will meet weekly throughout the school year. EHS team participates in the Vermont Scholastic Chess Championships each year. The tournament is April 14, 2012. VT Chess players can always get information at: http://www.vtchess.info/ We meet every Wednesday afternoon in B-120 from 2:35 until 4:30. Everyone is welcome whenever they are available.
- Chess.net- Excellent interface and player base, but a small sign-up fee.
- Free Internet Chess Server (fics)
- Chess Corner- Chess Tutorials and more, excellent site
- Kasparov.com- Chess Problems
- United States Chess Federation (USCF) www.worldchessnetwork.com
- My System - Aron Nimzowitsch
- Attacking Chess - Josh Waitzkin
- Weapons of Chess - Bruce Pandolfini
- Chess Openings: Traps and Zaps - Bruce Pandolfini
- More Chess Openings: Traps and Zaps 2 - Bruce Pandolfini