Structure and Properties of Matter
- Everything is made of matter.
- Matter can change forms, but cannot be created or destroyed.
- Properties of Matter and Changes in Matter
Matter and Energy in Organisms and Ecosystems
- Matter cycles through an ecosystem.
- Energy flows through an ecosystem.
Earth and Space Science:
- The Earth is made up of systems that interact with one another.
- Water can be found in various reservoirs. There is only a small amount of usable fresh water available.
- Humans are dependent on natural resources to survive and can do things to help protect those resources.
Space Systems - Stars and the Solar System
- The appearance of objects in the sky change in predictable ways over the course of a day, month or year.
- Define a simple design problem reflecting a need or a want that includes specified criteria for success & constraints on materials, time, or cost
- Generate & compare multiple possible solutions to a problem based on how well each is likely to meet the criteria and constraints of the problem
- Plan and carry out fair tests in which variables are controlled and failure points are considered to identify aspects of a model or prototype that can be improved