FMS Newsletter - May 7, 2018Posted by Wendy Cobb on 5/6/2018 1:00:00 PM
Mark Your Calendars! Important End of Year Dates
- Thursday, May 10 (7:00 PM) FMS Chorus Concert at FMS
- Thursday, May 10 (7:45-8:45 AM) Intervention Social with Ms. Hugulet and Mrs. Cole
- Friday, May 11 - Final Student Advisory Meeting
- Wednesday, May 23 (6:00-7:30) - Welcome to Founders Night for incoming 3rd grade parents and new families
- Thursday, May 25 (7:00 PM) Orchestra Concert at EMS
- Monday, May 28 - Memorial Day - No School
- Wednesday, June 6 - Field Day - No rain date
- Thursday, June 7 - (7:00 PM) Band Concert at Essex High School
- Monday, June 11 - Move up day
- Wednesday, June 13 - 5th Grade Moving on Ceremony at Essex Middle School (8:45-10:30)
- Thursday, June 14th - Last Student Day
STUDENT ADVISORY - Thank you to all of our students who played a role in our first FMS student advisory team this year. Students worked with Ms. Cobb to improve our recess and lunch times and they advised Ms. Cobb about ways in which we can make our school a kinder, safer, happier place for all students. Their perspective has been so important! They are all awesome leaders. Our final meeting will be on May 11th. We will have snacks to celebrate our work this year and we will talk about ideas for next year.
NEWS from The Library
Matt McElligott Author Visit, May 8th!
Author and Illustrator Matthew McElligott is visiting Founders this week! We have been reading his books in the library, including: The Lion's Share, The Backbeard Series, and the Mad Scientist Academy: Dinosaur Disaster. We look forward to hearing all about his work and his writing process when he joins us for the day on Tuesday!
Donors Choose Project - MP3 players and kindle fires!
Wonderful news - our project has been funded! We are grateful for the geneoristy of our donors. Students are enjoying listening to OverDrive digital audiobooks on our collection of now 16 MP3 players and we are getting our set of Kindle fires loaded up with audio and ebook pairs for class use. Thank you, donors!
End of the Day Pick-Ups
It’s important that we ensure students’ safety at dismissal time. One of our responsibilities is to make sure students who are being picked up go with an adult that has permission to take them. In order for this to be the case, the child’s parent either needs to send a note/email that day, OR the adult has to be placed on a“pick up list” with the office. This can be done by emailing Arthea Leggett (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We need to be diligent about this for everyone to be safe, so please take the time to email Arthea with the names of anyone who has your permission to pick up your child from school so that we can be as efficient at dismissal time as possible.