SkillTech: HVACR Tools and Applications
Tools and Applications provides students with the opportunity to become proficient in a variety of entry-level HVACR skills as related to tools, fasteners, tubing, copper, soldering and brazing. Students will participate in lab activities to reinforce the attainment of technical skills.
The course is 30 hours in length and students will be expected to achieve the following:
- List the physical, mental, communication, and technical skills needed to be successful in HVACR.
- Understand customer service skills.
- Select the proper hand tool for the job and demonstrate skill in its use.
- Demonstrate proper use of taps and dies.
- Identify and correctly use screw types and sizes, bolts, nuts, washers, various anchors, setscrews, blind rivets, and threaded rods.
- Select and properly use tubing and pipe tools to bend, swage, flare, and join using various methods.
- Select proper alloys and fluxes and safely perform soldering, brazing, and torch cutting processes.
- Work with fractions and decimals, take various measurements, convert between Fahrenheit and Celsius scales, use percentages to calculate profit margin on parts, and rearrange formulas for proper problem solving.
Hands-on activities are an integral part of this course.
Course schedule: August 31, 2021 through September 30, 2021.
Day/Time: Class meets on Tuesday and Thursday from 5:30pm - 8:30pm.
Instructor: Jim Kenehan
Financial Aid: Press Here
Registration: This course is the first one in a sequence of four in the HVACR Training Program. Students that wish only to take this course may register on a space available basis with students enrolling in the entire program being given preference. Email email@example.com for more information or call 802 233 2319.