SkillTech: (HVACR) Heating Systems - class
Heating Systems provides students with the opportuniity to become proficient in HVACR skills a srealted to ductwork, customer relations, heat pumps, and the following heating systems: gas, oil, and electric.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Assemble, join, install, and repair all types of ductwork, registers, diffusers, grilles, insulation, and supports.
- Identify, install, wire, adjust, and troubleshoot the operating and control components of a gas heating system.
- Identify, install, wire, adjust, and troubleshoot the operating and control components of an oil heating system.
- Identify, install, wire, adjust, and troubleshoot the operating and control components of an electric heating system.
- Identify, install, wire, adjust, and troubleshoot the operating and control components of a heat pump system.
- Perform service calls properly, including handling arguments with customers, shaking hands properly, making a good first and lasting impression, and effectively deal with angry customers.
Hands-on activities are an integral part of this course.
October 13, 2020 through November 19, 2020. 6 weeks.
Day/Time: Class meets on Tuesday and Thursday from 5:30pm - 8:30pm.
Instructor: Paul Blanchard, FWWebb
Financial Aid: Press Here
Registration: The course is the second one in a sequence of four in the HVACR Training Program. Students that wish only to take this course can register on a space available basis with students enrolling in the entire program being given preference. Email email@example.com for more information.
SkillTech Nondiscrimination Statement
SkillTech is committed to providing a comfortable and encouraging learning environment for all students. We support and value tolerance and responsibility and expect students to treat each other and the staff with respect. Disrespectful behavior is unwelcome, and interactions that are offensive will not be tolerated.
The Center for Technology, Essex does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national
origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or age in its programs or
activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies:
Bob Travers, Director
2 Educational Drive Suite 200
Essex Junction, VT 05452