Natural Resources: Forestry & Agriculture
- Managing an apple orchard or christmas tree plantation
- Operating a chainsaw and harvesting timber
- Studying hydroponics and managing a greenhouse
What will I learn...
If you are interested in the environment and like to get outside working with your hands in the soil, the Natural Resources Forestry program may be just for you. Students are offered a unique opportunity to experience the science, technology and management of the school's greenhouses and woodlands. Student labs model the real world. Students have access to heavy equipment orchards and woodlands for a living laboratory.
- Students gain skills in timber management and logging
- Participate in the Game of Logging to learn chain saw skills
- Learn and operate heavy equipment as well as a variety of hand and power tools
- Harvest and produce maple syrup in the school sugarhouse
- Production and marketing of seasonal plantings
- Earn OSHA 10 certification and CPR/First Aid
Brian Japp, Natural Resources Forestry Instructor
Andrew Shatzer, Natural Resources Forestry - Instructional Aide
Lindsay Ackley, CTE Counseling Coordinator
Kate McDonald, Career & Tech Ed Special Needs Coordinator
Program Time 9:40 a.m. to 2:05 p.m.
Phone: (802) 857-7945
High School Credits Earned
Math (1 credit)
Science (1 credit)
Electives (4 credits)
OSHA 10 Agriculture
National Safe Tractor & Machinery Operation Program
First Aid / CPR
What's Next / Employment in the Field
Graduates from this program prepare for careers in the management, use and preservation of land, soil and water, greenhouse managment and the environmental fields.
The Centor for Technology has long standing partnerships with businesses and industry leaders through program advisory committees. The goal of these committees is to ensure that CTE's programs are meeting and exceeding industry standards. Advisory Committees meet twice per year. Posted below are the most recent minutes.Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes Fall 2018
Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes Spring 2019