Student Account Balances and Delinquency Practices
Federal mandates require the open disclosure of a school district’s practice of handing negative/delinquent student accounts as of 7/1/2017. Visit EWSD Board Policies for more information on the School Meal Charge procedure.
Parents can manage student(s) debit accounts for:
- Ease of payment with flexible payment methods
- Debit/credit card payments. Fee from service provider is currently 4% of transaction.
- ACH checking account transfers. Fee from service provider is $2.00 per transaction.
- Cash sent in to building cafeteria coordinator or cashier at meal time.
- Check (please write name of student(s) in memo space) no fee. If checks are returned for insufficient funds parent/guardian will be responsible for any bank fees.
- Low Account E Mail notifications. Parent/guardian may set a customized level at which to receive an e mail low account notification.
- Current account information to include student fund balance, series of transactions to include purchased item and time. Account works very much like a bank checking account with a running debit balance.