Act 166 Eligibility
There are three criteria for receiving Act 166 funds through the Essex Westford School District:
1. You are a resident of the Village of Essex Junction, the Town of Essex, or Westford
2. Your child is at least 3 years old on September 1st
3. Your child is enrolled in an Act 166-qualified pre-Kindergarten program
You must register your child with the school district in order to receive Act 166 funds.
If your child currently receives Act 166 funds through EWSD, you do not need to re-apply for funding for next school year. The district will carry over your registration.
Need more answers?
For additional information about Act 166, please visit our Act 166 FAQs page. We explain more about registration, switching pre-K providers, renewal questions, moving towns, and eligibility by enrollment.
Act 166 Registration Forms
2019-2020 School Year
- Registration is open and ongoing for the 2019-2020 school year. Students with birth dates on/before September 1, 2016 are eligible to register.
- Fund distribution for the 2019-2020 school year is pro-rated based on a September 1, 2019 start date.
- Paper versions of all registration materials are available at our District Office - East Campus (58 Founders Road in Essex). PDF versions are available for download via the links below.
- For your reference, click here to download our 2019-2020 Registration Checklist.
A complete 2019-2020 registration packet includes the following:
Proof of Residency
All documentation submitted as proof of residency must include the property address and the name of the parent/legal guardian/custodian.
Category A - attach ONE of the following:
- Current property tax bill
- Current mortgage statement or real estate closing paperwork
- Copy of signed Lease Agreement
- Landlord Certification Form
Category B - and attach TWO of the following:
- Valid Vermont driver's license/ID card
- Recent bank statement
- Valid voter registration card
- Current utility bill
- Valid automobile insurance card
- Other documents which, at the discretion of the District, serve as adequate proof of residency
2020-2021 School Year
- Registration will open in January 2020 for the 2020-2021 school year. Students with birth dates on/before September 1, 2017 will be eligible to register.
- If you receive Act 166 funding through EWSD during the 2019-2020 school year, you will not need to re-register.
- Registration materials for the 2020-2021 school year will be made available in January 2020. Please check back then!
District Office - East
58 Founders Road
Essex Junction, VT 05452
P: (802) 857-2005
F: (802) 878-5190