Act 166 Eligibility
There are three criteria for receiving Act 166 funds through the Essex Westford School District:
1. You are a resident of the Village of Essex Junction, the Town of Essex, or Westford
2. Your child is at least 3 years old on September 1st
3. Your child is enrolled in an Act 166-qualified prekindergarten program
You must register your child with the school district in order to receive Act 166 funds.
If your child currently receives Act 166 funds through EWSD, you do not need to re-apply for funding for next school year. The district will carry over your registration.
Need more answers?
For additional information about Act 166, please visit our Act 166 FAQs page. We explain more about registration, switching pre-K providers, renewal questions, moving towns, and eligibility by enrollment.
Act 166 Registration Forms
2021-2022 School Year
- Registration is open for the 2021-2022 school year. Students with birth dates on/before September 1, 2018 are eligible to register
- If you received Act 166 funding through EWSD during the 2020-2021 school year, you do not need to re-register
- Fund distribution for the 2021-2022 school year is pro-rated based on a September 1, 2021 start date
- PDFs of all registration materials are available for download via the links below. To request paper versions of the same via mail, please contact Johanna at email@example.com
- Questions about registration? For example, "I have submitted a registration packet, when will I receive confirmation?" and "Do I need to provide proof of residency even though my older child is already registered with EWSD?" Please visit our Act 166 FAQs page!
Proof of Residency
All documentation submitted as proof of residency must include the property address and the name of the parent/legal guardian/custodian.
Category A - attach ONE of the following:
- Current mortgage statement or closing paperwork
- Copy of signed Lease Agreement
- Landlord Certification Form
- Most recent property tax bill from Town of Essex/Town of Westford
Category B - and attach TWO of the following:
- Valid Vermont driver's license/ID card
- Recent bank statement
- Valid voter registration card
- Current utility bill
- Valid automobile insurance card
- Other documents which, at the discretion of the District, serve as adequate proof of residency
District Office - East
58 Founders Road
Essex Junction, VT 05452