Growing hearts and minds for a better today and tomorrow: every day, every way, every one.
Values and Aspirations: EWSD is a place where….
- Each student is an engaged and inspired learner.
- Each student is challenged by a rigorous, well-balanced, proficiency-based curriculum.
- Each student has access to personalized learning and opportunities to pursue individual interests and curiosities.
- Each student is prepared for success in college or further study and for employment in a fulfilling career.
- Each student cares about and has the knowledge to care for their own health, wellness, and maintains balance.
- Everyone belongs, has a role, contributes, feels safe, demonstrates gratitude, and is respected.
- Each individual is recognized and accepted for his/her uniqueness and beliefs, there is value in every voice, and everyone communicates honestly and respectfully.
- Each student is supported by highly qualified and caring educational leaders, educators, and staff.
- Growth-mindset is fostered throughout the system.
- Student voice is valued and aspirations are cultivated.
- Each member is a contributing global citizen who respects the diversity, seeks to understand different perspectives, acknowledges and values differences.
- Every student develops transferable skills across content areas.
- Student voice is prevalent through our system and every student has access to be engaged in leadership activities within our schools and district.
- Each student experiences a culture where independence, responsibility, and accountability are fostered and respected.
- Each student is physically active and has access to healthy food choices.
- Every student will read on grade level by the end of grade 3.
- Every student will demonstrate proficiency with whole numbers by the end of grade 4.
- Every student in grades 7 - 12 will have meaningful Personalized Learning Plans.
- Every student will graduate with the skills to be successful in college or further studies and for employment in a fulfilling career.