Mental and Emotional Health
School nurses understand the important link between mental and emotional well being and physical health. School nurses work to ensure that students are safe, are academically successful, and provide skills to enhance good mental health.
We are ready to support students and families as they navigate their way through any challenges to mental health.
Your school nurse will collaborate with other
- school staff
- families, and
- outside providers to help determine appropriate referrals and supports
Please contact the school nurse for any questions and/or assistance in accessing resources.
- First Call (1-802-488-7777) - Phone support, crisis intervention and assessment, referrals to appropriate services, and connection to follow-up care.
- Vermont 211 (http://www.vermont211.org/) - the Vermont 2-1-1 database contains detailed descriptions of programs and services available to Vermonters that are provided by local community groups, social service and health-related agencies, government organizations, and others.
Other Resources to Consider
- your student's pediatrician
- your insurance company
- your Employee Assistance Program
Need help? If you feel you need assistance beyond the school level, or wish to communicate with the district or see what options are available, please visit our Supporting Students section.
Related in EWSD