Rules and Procedures for Community Space Use
- Users may be required to demonstrate adequate insurance coverage. If required by the district the user shall maintain a comprehensive general liability insurance policy with combined single limit coverage of at least $1,000,000 per occurrence and $2,000,000 in the aggregate. The District shall be identified as an additional insured under the policy and the policy shall be primary to any other policies of insurance coverage. The user shall furnish the District with a certificate of such insurance at the time of signing this Agreement.
- To the fullest extent permissible by law, User shall indemnify and hold harmless the District, its employees, officers, elected officials, and agents from and against any and all demands, claims, suits, costs of defense, attorneys’ fees, witness fees, including expert witness fees, liabilities and other expenses including damage to property, loss of use of the property or for injury to or death of any person, including, but not limited to, any employee, agent, servant, contractor, licensee, guest, and invitee of the User, or a member or members of the general public, in any way arising directly or indirectly from or in connection with the use and occupancy of the Facility or other performance of terms of this Agreement by User.
- User waives and releases any and all claims against the District, its employees, officers, elected officials, and agents, from any and all actions of any nature whatsoever asserting any injury, accident, harm, loss, damage, or cost arising in connection with the use and occupancy of the Facility, including but not limited to, claims arising from the COVID-19 pandemic and the government response or similar infectious diseases.
- User shall abide by and conduct its affairs in accordance with the District’s policies and all state, federal, and local laws, rules, regulations, orders, directives, resolutions, and ordinances, including but not limited to, requirements concerning the COVID-19 pandemic and the government response or similar infectious diseases.
- All users not directly related to the district shall be required to make clear in all announcements and publicity that their events and activities are not sponsored by the school district.
- The Superintendent may allow individuals and groups to use special equipment, such as audiovisual equipment, provided that the group uses an operator of the equipment who is approved by the Superintendent. A school cannot subsidize the use of its facilities for events and activities not directly related to its primary educational mission.
- Applications for building use by the community are to be directed to EWSD Property Services, where approval will be granted or denied. The application must be signed by a responsible person who will be held accountable for any damage or loss of property arising from said use and must state in detail the purpose for which the building is to be used. User may be requested to post bond in advance of use to provide for this contingency. In the event of a cancellation of an activity, EWSD Property Services must be notified immediately.
- Permission will not be granted for any time or use that will interfere with the educational program.
- A permit can be canceled provided its provisions or intent are violated in any way. (An approved permit may be canceled subsequently if it is determined the approved date interferes with the educational program.) Permits may also be canceled and/or adjusted based on the school schedule when impacted by weather or emergency.
We ask you to courteously clean up the spaces used unless additional staffing has been hired through EWSD for the event. This means, trash in the available bins, and broom-clean with a broom/dustpan that is provided.
- DRINKING OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ON SCHOOL PROPERTY IS PROHIBITED.
- SMOKING ON SCHOOL PROPERTY IS PROHIBITED.
- No furniture or equipment belonging to the school will be moved without permission. Equipment will be under the operational contract of school personnel at all times.
- No alterations to school property will be permitted.
- Any billing for facility use (other than the posting of a bond, if required) will be done by the Property Services Office, according to the established schedule of fees. Any additional charges will be added as necessary. Said schedule of fees is subject to change without notice.
Essex Westford School District
ATTN: Property Services
2 Educational Drive
Essex Junction, VT 05452
If you have questions or need additional assistance, contact
Kim Connelly - Staff Assistant