Rules of Engagement
The Essex Westford School District uses its social media presence to share information about the District and schools with our families and communities through open and respectful dialogue. To help us accomplish this goal, we ask that you abide by the guidelines set forth below. If, at any time, you have questions or concerns regarding our Rules of Engagement, please don't hesitate to contact us.
- These sites are not intended to circumvent regular communication channels for sharing personal issues and concerns. Comments regarding a personal issue with the District, a school or staff member will be removed.
- Comments will be deleted that contain vulgar or abusive language; pornography; personal attacks of any kind; offensive terms that target specific ethnic or racial groups or incite violence; election campaigning for a political office or ballot proposition.
- Have a question for a specific employee? Contact them privately. Individuals should not expect responses to questions or comments posted on this page.
- Please be certain that your comments are appropriate for an educational environment and people of all ages.
- Be factual. Inaccurate information will not be allowed. False information will be removed and factual information will be posted.
- All comments and communications must come from a verifiable account. Comments made by individuals who are misrepresenting themselves or from unverifiable accounts will be removed.
- Links to other Internet sites are not endorsed by EWSD and use of any copyrighted materials found on those linked sites must be granted from the sponsor of that site.
- Essex Westford School District is not responsible for user-generated content and the opinions expressed in that content do not necessarily reflect those of EWSD.
- We want you to feel comfortable sharing your views about the Essex Westford School District. However, abuse of the above guidelines can lead to the removal of a specific posting or the blocking/removal from our page.
- The Essex Westford School District retains the right to determine the content of all EWSD social media pages/accounts, and may, at any time, remove content deemed inappropriate for an educational institution and its audiences.