Annual Student Update
2022-23 Annual Student Update Process
We are excited to assist you with Annual Student Update for the upcoming school year using our new online process! By completing the update online, parents no longer need to complete hardcopy paperwork and forms typically required at the beginning of the school year.
The Annual Student Update for the upcoming 2022-2023 school year will open on July 7, 2022.
Use the PowerSchool Parent Portal button below to update your student’s information (see step-by-step directions below). If you do not already have an account in Powerschool, then please refer to the directions below in order to create the account. You are encouraged to complete this update on a computer; mobile devices are not recommended.
Please complete this Annual Student Update by the first day of school on August 31, 2022. The Annual Student Update is an important process that occurs every year. It is your responsibility to ensure that the school has the most current phone numbers and addresses, emergency contact information, transportation information, and medical information for your student(s). Please note, that the Annual Student Update is required for parents and/or legal guardians of all returning students.
EWSD is happy to provide translation and interpretation about the school registration and enrollment process to parents. We will provide translation or interpretation from trained individuals for annual student information updates or for the new enrollment forms.
To request a translator parents would need to contact their school's main office. Assigned multilingual liaisons, interpreters, and translators will work with the family to create a Powerschool Portal account and help the family to fill out the required forms.
Instructions on how to create a Powerschool Account, add an additional student to an existing account or obtain help are published on Powerschool Parent Portal page.
In Powerschool Portal we ask parents/guardians to fill out four online forms:
1. Student Information Form - Using this form you can update your student’s address, legal name, race and gender identity as well as update the list of your student's siblings. Change in address or legal name would require us to receive an attached proof from you.
2. Student Contacts Form - EWSD is using a mass notification system that can reach parents and guardians immediately in case of emergency. The mass notification system can only be effective for families if the district has updated information on its students. You will be able to receive text messages from EWSD if you agree to that.
3. Health Information Form - Your child’s health is important to us! In the event that your child would need medical attention by a school nurse, our healthcare providers would rely on Health Information form information to treat your child.
4. Permissions/Agreements Form - As a parent you would provide EWSD media release and would acknowledge understanding of EWSD policies.
Forms that were successfully submitted will be marked with a green leaf icon.
What to expect after you’ve submitted forms:
School registrars will verify the submitted information and if they find any problems with the provided information they will contact you to make corrections. Otherwise, you will see the form status change to Approved when information was approved by the registrar. That information will then be housed in our Student Information System. If at any point you have new changes to make to any of this information, you can simply log back in and make changes as necessary. A similar process of approval will commence each time to ensure accurate information is retained.
Moving this process to an online form system has many benefits to both you as a parent and to our EWSD system as a whole. While this initial process may take a little more time, by completing this first step, subsequent registration needs will be that much easier.
Powerschool Mobile is built to help families easily view and fill out forms in the mobile app on any device. It can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store (search for 'PowerSchool'). PowerSchool apps should be the first results that appear.
Sign in to the PowerSchool Mobile App for iOS:
- After you have downloaded the mobile app to your device, configure the app to recognize the server for your school district. The EWSD's code is: MSBF
- Then sign in to the app with your PowerSchool student and parent portal username and password
- If you do not have a PowerSchool student and parent portal account, tap 'I Need An Account' at the bottom of the first screen for complete information on how to get an account
To get to the forms, navigate to the 'More' section on the bottom navigation pane and select 'Forms.' Find and complete the desired form. Please make sure that you submit all required forms.