EWSD COVID-19 Information
As news continues to emerge regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the primary concern for the Essex Westford School District is for the health and safety of our students, staff, and community. Our district has been closely monitoring the situation regarding COVID-19 and is following the guidance of the Vermont Department of Health, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Vermont Agency of Education. Your EWSD nurses are also here to support the health and wellness of our entire school community.We will use this page to store all EWSD updates, as well as helpful links and information.
The following actions can help reduce the spread of COVID-19:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that is at least 60% alcohol. Wash hands before and after meals, after using the bathroom, and if you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with your sleeve or a tissue. Throw the tissue in the trash and then wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.