School Counseling Services - Scott Evans
I have been a School Counselor for 22 years and working with children for almost 27 years!
I enjoy hiking, playing guitar, and hanging out with my hound dogs!
What I Do
The counseling office is here to support the social and mental health of all students. I help do that through:
- long and short term individual and group meetings
- drop-in problem solving of issues that arise
- ongoing wellness classes
At this age level, I take care to stay in closer contact with parents if a student is accessing services in an ongoing basis.
How Counseling Works
There are many pathways to access counseling services.
I work closely with teachers to keep track of student needs and intervene as necessary, and I also hear from parents and others in our school's space.
I welcome parent contact with me if you ever have any concerns about your children, or questions about my program.
Important to Know
- Parents can definitely contact me if they have any concerns.
- However you prefer to reach out is fine: Some parents first share concerns by talking to the classroom teacher, and a referral may end up coming to me.
- Feel free to discuss social or emotional concerns at your parent-teacher conferences. They can be a good jumping-off point to creating a way to hear from and work with your child's teacher.
- If any child is referred to see or talk to me in an ongoing way we will be in contact with the parents if there is anything we believe is of consequence.
Degrees and Certifications: