Welcome to the ADL Health Office
Phone: phone (802) 857-7027 fax (802) 879-8175
Degrees and Certifications:
Nurse: Jenna Dalla Mura
Healthy Children, Healthy School
The Health Office is closed from 1:40-2:40 daily, except for emergencies.
When to Stay Home
As the ADL community, we are all responsible for the health and safety of our students. Please reference the following list of symptoms that will help determine whether your child needs to be kept out of school:
- Fever, over 100 degrees, currently or within previous 24 hours
- Diarrhea or vomiting, currently or within previous 24 hours
- Persistent sore throat with fever or enlarged tonsils/glands
- Undetermined rash
- Red, itchy eyes with drainage
Please do not send your child back to school until they've been symptom-free for at least 24 hours.
Adhering to these guidelines will help to keep our students and staff members healthy throughout the school year!
All students are required to have an up-to-date immunization record or a signed exepmtion form (required annualy) for school entry.
Students are encouraged to have a physical with their pediatrician and a check up with their dentist every year.
Students who would like to participate in sports activities are required to have a sports physical every two years.
Peanut and Tree Nut Information
There is a designated peanut and tree nut free table in the cafeteria; students with allergies to these foods should sit there. Below are our school-wide practices to help prevent allergic reactions and keep our students safe.
- Foods containing peanuts or tree nuts may not be used for snacks, projects, parties, arts, crafts, cooking, experiments, or other purposes.
- Students, teachers, and staff are encouraged to wash their hands with soap and water before entering the classroom and again before and after lunch. Hand sanitizer is not sufficient.
- Students are discouraged from sharing food, drinks, and personal items.
- The cafeteria does not prepare foods that contain peanuts or tree nuts. Pre-packaged peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are available and are clearly labeled. The frozen yogurt is manufactured in a facility that also processes peanuts and tree nuts.