- Performing patient lifts, transfers and blood pressure checks ...
- Transforming the next generation of health care ...
- Dissecting cow eyes and pig hearts to see how they work ...
What will I learn...
Learn the language of medicine while you investigate and decipher patient scenarios. Train at TLC Nursing Associates, Inc. and play health care games. Learn how to chart patient data and perform clinical care techniques. If you are interested in the medical field, patient care and the human body, then the Health Informatics program at CTE is for you.
- Begin your college career and earn up to 12 college credits while in this program
- Visit area hospitals and medical offices
- Get a job after graduation at places such as: UVM Medical Center, TLC Nursing or the Visiting Nurse Association
- Explore popular health careers such as personal care assistant, radiologic technology or even veterinary medicine
Program Time 9:40 a.m. to 2:05 p.m.
Phone: (802) 857-7900
High School Credits Earned
Math (1 credit)
Anatomy & Physiology (1 credit)
English (1 credit)
Electives (4 credits)
Upon completion of this program, students who pass the Accuplacer assessment, register with the college, receive a B or better in the class, and complete all associated college materials may earn up to 12 college credits.
Three Community College of Vermont credits can be awarded for Medical Terminology, and three for Bioethics. Three Vermont Technical College credits can be awarded for Introduction to Psychology and three for Human Growth and Development.
First Aid / CPR / AED and Bloodborne Pathogens Certifications
PCA - Personal Care Attendant Training, AKA Home Health Aide
What's Next / Employment in the Field
Students may be interested in pursuing a clinical health career with an advanced college degree or in applying immediately for a position in administrative health care. Former students are now working as: nurses, LNA’s, insurance billing specialist, medical coders, compliance, clinical assistants and even as veterinarians.
The Centor for Technology has long standing partnerships with businesses and industry leaders through program advisory committees. The goal of these committees is to ensure that CTE's programs are meeting and exceeding industry standards. Advisory Committees meet twice per year. Posted below are the most recent minutes.
Advisory Committe Meeting Minutes