FREE WEEKEND MEAL PICK UP STARTING NOVEMBER 6TH!!!Beginning Friday, November 6th we will be offering free meals for all children 18 and under over the weekend.
- Meal pick up will occur on Friday's between 4:00 pm and 6:00 pm at the Essex High School guidance lobby (to the right of the main entrance).
- We ask that traffic enter from Main Street and exit at Old Colchester Road.
- Please let staff know how many children you are picking up for and if you need any vegetarian or gluten free meals.
- Meal pick up will occur outside and Child Nutrition staff will place meals on a table for you to take.
- Please wear a mask and practice social distancing.
Weekend meal pick up will take place each Friday, through December 18, except for Friday, November 27. Over the next few weeks, the District will look at the number of meals served to determine if there is a need for the program and if it will continue.
Starting on September 8th, all breakfast and lunch meals will be free to all children 18 years and younger for the 2020-2021 school year or until USDA funding runs out.
BREAKFAST AND LUNCH IN EWSD
EWSD will be providing meals to our students in a variety of ways this school year.
- Breakfast and Lunch will be available for all K-12 in-person learners and will be consumed in classrooms.
- Meals will be provided to all Rec Kids Supported Learning Spaces at no charge to families.
- EHS breakfast and lunch can be picked up at a variety of kiosk locations.
- CTE breakfast and lunch can be picked up at a variety of kiosk locations.
- Remote Learners will need to preorder meals for pick up at the locations listed below.
- Albert D. Lawton School, 9:00 a.m. until 10:00 a.m. Mondays and Wednesdays
- Essex Elementary School, 9:00 a.m. until 10:00 a.m. Mondays and Wednesdays
- Westford School, 9:00 a.m. until 9:30 a.m. Mondays and Wednesdays
If you have any questions or concerns, please email Scott Fay (email@example.com) or call the Child Nutrition Office at 802-857-7333.
For more on our COVID-19 repsonse visit: www.ewsd.org/2020-2021
Last Updated on November 4, 2020.
Child Nutrition Services in EWSD
Child Nutrition Services provides meals for EWSD at:
- Hiawatha School
- Summit Street School
- Essex Elementary School
- Founders Memorial School
- Thomas Fleming School
- Albert D. Lawton School
- Essex Middle School
- Westford School
- Essex Community Educational Center
Pay for lunch, set up a payment account, and see prices on our Lunch Payments pages.
For assistance paying and to apply for free or reduced-price lunches, visit our FRPL School Meals pages.
What we do
School Menus is where we share our nutritious, changing monthly lunch menus for you to view or download. Breakfast and summer meals are also offered within EWSD, which is an equal opportunity employer. Read the USDA nondiscrimination statement for more.
Special dietary needs
The Child Nutrition Services is happy to work with families in accommodating special needs for children who have allergies or nutrition-related conditions that require special care. Nutritional information is available online for all our meals daily, and you can find it by going to Nutritional Menus. If you have specific allergens you need to notify the department about, please call or email Scott Fay, at (802) 857-7333.
Farm to School in EWSD
EWSD partners with local farmers and food producers to supply the Essex and Westford schools with fresh, locally grown vegetables and protein.
To learn more about our farm-to-school program and how it helps bolster with our vast lunch program and healthy eating educational initiatives, visit our Farm to School page .
We offer affordable or free field trip meals. In order to participate, your student's teacher must distribute and collect all field trip order forms in their classroom prior to a field trip. If you haven't heard of this program, please inquire with your student's teacher.
EWSD Child Nutrition Program provides catering year-round for staff meetings, classroom celebrations, school celebrations, functions, and events. Employees can fill out the catering order forms (login to EWSD.org to access) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Non-EWSD customers can write to email@example.com or call us at (802) 857-7333 to inquire about availability of services.