The EWSD is committed to ensuring that all staff are prepared for the challenges of working in a school district. As part of our onboarding process -- and annually thereafter -- we require employees to complete a series of online courses to help familiarize them with the district’s policies and practices, reduce workplace injuries, and interrupt the negative effects of bullying, harassment, and discrimination.
To this end, we contracted with SafeSchools, an award-winning, third-party provider of nationally recognized safety and compliance training programs. The program is administered through the district’s human resources department, in collaboration with supervisors. Course selections are reviewed annually and updated as appropriate.
EWSD staff will receive an email through the SafeSchools system inviting them to complete the sessions (first upon hire and thereafter prior to each school year), as well as reminder(s) prior to the deadline.
For those who have questions or are experiencing issues with SafeSchools, please contact Michelle Connor, HR Executive Assistant at (802) 857-7019 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- All regular, ongoing EWSD employees must complete the annual trainings by September 30 of each school year.
- Employees hired after the beginning of the school year must complete the trainings within 30 days of their first day of work.
- All temporary employees, substitutes and coaches should complete the mandatory trainings prior to meeting with Maxine Breuer, HR Assistant, for their new hire orientation.
Employees can follow these easy steps to complete your EWSD safety training requirements:
- Login instructions are below.
- Once you log into the site, click on the course title to begin the training. You may pause as needed, but will be logged out if paused for too long.
- If you suspend a video within a course without completing the final quiz, you may be required to rewatch that video in order to access the quiz again.
- Each course has audio, so be sure to turn up your speakers if you'd like to listen. You must complete each section of the course in order to receive full credit.
For all regular staff members, all training must be completed by September 30 of each school year. The training videos run best using Google Chrome.
- Log in using your User Name. (This will be provided in a system email from SafeSchools or can be requested by contacting Michelle Connor at email@example.com.)
- The default password is the first 5 characters of your User Name.
- If you have trouble logging in with the default password, click the "Forgot Password" to receive an email to reset your password.