Essex Westford School District contracts with SafeSchools, an award-winning, third-party provider of nationally recognized safety and compliance training programs, to ensure EWSD staff are prepared for the challenges of working in a school district.
The tool has been proven to increase awareness of district policies and practices, reduce workplace injuries, and interrupt the negative effects of bullying, harassment, and discrimination. The required courses also help all of our staff support students in our school buildings and spaces. If you have questions, contact Human Resources at (802) 857-7038.
Employees can follow these easy steps to complete your EWSD safety training requirements:
- Login instructions for your employment type are below.
- Once you log into the site, click on the course title to begin the training. You may pause as needed, but will be logged out if paused for too long.
- If you suspend a video within a course without completing the final quiz, you may be required to rewatch that video in order to access the quiz again.
- Each course has audio, so be sure to turn up your speakers if you'd like to listen. You must complete each section of the course in order to receive full credit.
For all regular staffers, all training must be completed by September 30 of each school year. The training videos run best using Google Chrome.
Login Instructions for Employees with District Email
- If you are an EWSD staff member, and have an active EWSD email account, hit the button below to log into Safe Schools training.
- You will be logged into training site with your EWSD email (firstname.lastname@example.org) credentials.
Substitute/Coaches/Seasonal Staff Login Instructions
Please use the link below to log in.
- Log in using your User Name which will be provided to you in an email from Human Resources.
- The default password is the first 5 characters of your User Name.
- If you have trouble logging in with the default password, click the "Forgot Password" to receive an email to reset your password.