Employee Benefits Summary
Employees may be eligible for the following benefits. Please refer to the corresponding collective bargaining agreement and/or your individual employment contract for eligibility. Click on the link provided for more information:
- Medical Insurance - Medical insurance is provided through VEHI and administered by Blue Cross Blue Sheild of VT.
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) - Available to employees who choose to participate in the VEHI Gold CDHP Plan. Information about the HRA is found on our medical insurance page.
- Dental Insurance - EWSD offers a self-insured dental program that is administered Northeast Delta Dental.
- Life and AD&D Insurance - Term life insurance is available to eligible employees through UNUM.
- Long Term Disability Insurance (LTD) - LTD benefits are provided through Mutual of Omaha fo religible emmployees.
- Retirement Savings - Provided through the Vermont State Teacher Retirement Services, administered by Prudential.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) - Employees eligible for medical insurance under the district's plan are also eligible to participate in a Flexible spending account for both healthcare and/or dependent care.
- Leave Benefits - Eligible employees receive generous paid leave benefits from the District such as sick, family, personal, and bereavement leave. Paid vacation and holidays are also available to select groups of employees. Please refer to the corresponding master agreement for more information about the leave benefits available.
- Professional Development Funds (Tuition Reimbursement) - Eligible EWSD employees have access to funds to increase their knowledge and professional growth. This program is administered through an on-line platform. (You must be logged in to view this page.) Please refer to the corresponding master agreement for more information about the benefit amount, covered expenses, requirements and other limitations.
The following benefits are provided to all regular full-time or part-time employees of the district. You can access more information about these benefits here. (You must be logged into our website as an employee this page):
- Wellness Benefits - EWSD offers a variety of Healthy lifestyle incentives for employees. These include, but are not limited to, discounts at fitness centers, fitness facilities on campus, on-site fitness classes, and access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Employee Discounts - Employees of the EWSD are eligible for a number of cooporate discounts just for being an employee of the District. Participating companies included, but are not limited to, Verizon, AT&T, Apple, Hickock & Boardman, Liberty Mutual, Mortgage Financial.
- Program Access - As an employee of a school district, you may also qualify for additional programs designed specifically for educational institutions such as UVM Library Card, Troops for Teachers, access to One Credit Union, and federal student aid.
Questions? Contact EWSD's Benefits Administrator Sandy Emery at email@example.com, or call (802) 857-7048.
Completed forms should be submitted to Human Resources at: Essex Westford School District, Attn: Human Resources, 51 Park Street, Essex Jct., VT 05452.