Second Year Applicant Information
GUIDELINES FOR RETURNING STUDENTS SEEKING ENROLLMENT
(To be used along with the CTE Application Process)
1. Discuss options with your current CTE teacher, school counselor and parents/guardian: Explore your options and discuss whether a second year at CTE is right for you!
2. Visit the program you wish to enroll in if it is different from your current program: CTE staff will help you coordinate a visit to a program of your choosing. If you attend to apply for an Apprenticeship position, schedule a meeting with the Co-op Coordinator
3. Complete the CTE Application with your sending school counselor: Your counselor will need to verify that you are on-track for graduation, and indicate any “companion courses” that you would need at CTE next year. Your parent/guardian must also sign the application.
4. Give your current program instructor a “Teacher Information Form” (available in CTE office or Student Services): Your teacher will complete this form and be asked to comment on your likelihood for success, including:
* Ability to set and work toward goals (initiative and reliability)
* Attitude, cooperation, peer courtesy and job readiness
* Grades for current year
* Ability to meet program competencies and state standards
* Worker Traits
5. Attend Step-Up Day: If your application is complete, and you are recommended by your current CTE instructor, you will be invited to this all-day event at CTE. This is a very important part of the process for all applicants.
6. Admissions Decision: You will be notified in April regarding your acceptance status.