Welcome to Kindergarten!
The Essex Westford School District has 4 kindergarten programs that are full day, and take place at
- Essex Elementary School for Essex Town residents (8 classes)
- Summit Street School and Hiawatha Elementary School for residents of Essex Junction (3 classes at Hiawatha, 4 at Summit - 7 classes total)
- Westford School for residents of Westford (1 class)
Students living in Essex Junction may be assigned to either Hiawatha or Summit Street schools.
Eligible kindergartners for the coming school year must be five years old on or before September 1.
Check out Summit's Getting To School page for more information on getting your child to school.
- Complete Online Kindergarten Registration
- Look for a letter in the spring that will provide information about Kindergarten Screening Day. Screenings are held at the school your child has been assigned to (in most cases).
- Attend the screening. Parents will have an opportunity to ask questions at the screening, while learners will meet with the K teaching team.
- Look for summer mailing. Classroom assignments are mailed in the summer. Some teachers have class meetups over the summer you can attend.
To register for Kindergarten, follow the registration process on the district New Student Enrollment page for grades K-12 or click the button below.
- Families who are in EWSD pre-K programs or who receive Act 166 funds/state funds for other preschool programs do not need to enroll their students because we already have those students in the EWSD database. Families should receive email from EWSD with further instructions on how to confirm that their students will enlist in Kindergarten class for the new upcoming year. If you did not receive such email please contact one of the Kindergarten contacts listed below.
Register for Kindergarten