New Student Information
We are pleased to have your child join our school system. As we begin this educational journey together, we look forward to partnering with you.
As members of our learning community, we value your insights and support in providing the best educational experiences for your child.
The Essex Westford School District has kindergarten programs that are full day.
Summit Street School and Hiawatha Elementary School both serve residents of Essex Junction (with 3 classes at each school.)
Eligible kindergarteners for the coming school year must be five years old on or before September 1.
Kindergarten registration is a unique process. We try to ensure careful placement consideration for entry-level learners, and a conduct a screening process each spring to meet these learners as it is their first time in our school distrct.
Visit our Kindergarten at Summit page for more on this process.
Registration Grades 1-12
- Please note, the first day of school will be Tuesday, September 8, 2020!
- For students entering grades 1-12, download the New Student Registration Packet. (You can not fill it out using the window that opens when you click that link. Follow instructions below.)
- Student registration is ongoing. If you believe you have missed an orientation or deadline, please contact your nearest school or call Lorna at District Office East, (802) 878-8168.
- Note: All forms must be downloaded first on your computer. The "Download" icon is the one with the arrow pointing to a horizontal line:
- Please print single-sided!
Return registration packets to the school you are enrolling in, or to any EWSD school. If you prefer to email a packet, please refer to the front page of the packet for email addresses.