Transportation to Hiawatha
Bus routes for the 2019-2020 school year are now available online (08/09/19)!
For children who live in the .5 mile distance perimeter of the school, it is the family's responsibility to get students to school.
- The EWSD does not provide Pre-K transportation on general education routes.
- If your student has an IEP that includes transportation, and you have questions, contact your case manager.
- Every Tuesday, students will be dismissed at 1:45. Please make arrangements for your child’s afterschool pick-up plan and be sure to include them on the sheet for dismissal information. If you need care for children because of early dismissal, visit the Afterschool page.
- We have helpful information on our Walking page.
- If you need to drive your child to school, please review the Drop-Off/Pick-Up instructions.
Here are the EWSD walking zones:
These are busing and walking zones for Essex Village schools. Crossing guard locations are marked.
In the event of buses, if your home is NOT within a darker colored zone, you ARE eligible for buses.
Michelle Murphy-Ertle, Administrative Assistant at Hiawatha - for school, student issues, or questions
(802) 857-1384EWSD Transportation Line: (802) 857-7077
Our transportation phone line is staffed from the first bus pick-up to last bus drop-off.Jamie Smith, Transportation Manager at EWSD(802) 857-7037