EHS's Global Leadership Program - One of Three Programs in the Nation to Receive National Award
GLP received the Global Engagement Initiative Award for its commitment to globally focused and community-based learning experiences. The award was presented in Washington, D.C. on November 22, 2019 at the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages) Awards ceremony. The EHS academy is one of only three programs in the country - and one of only two high school programs - to receive this honor.
GLP Receives Grant Grant from CASIT - the Centro Attività Scolastiche Italiane - in conjunction with the Italian Ministry of Foreign affairs and the Consulate General of Italy of Boston
The grant will allow GLP to offer an Italian Language & Culture class at EHS in the second semester of the academic year. Thank you to CASIT, the Consulate General of Italy in Boston, Professor Antonello Borra and the University of Vermont Department of Romance Languages, and the Vermont Italian Cultural Association (VICA) for their generous support!
The Global Leadership Program - an EHS Academy
The Global Leadership Program prepares Essex High School’s next generation of global leaders.
The innovative four-year program focuses on three core competencies: global studies, cross-cultural competency, and leadership development. Students grow through globally-focused interdisciplinary coursework, internships with Vermont companies and organizations, and experience-based academic learning beyond the traditional classroom.
GLP is designed for students who wish to prepare for study, travel, and work in an increasingly competitive and global economy. The program involves a flexible combination of globally-focused coursework, internships, events, and activities that are customized to students’ personal, academic and professional goals.
Upon graduation, students receive a GLP endorsement on their diplomas to recognize and reward their pursuit of learning and experiences in fields with an international dimension. Students in all grades may apply.
You can onnect with GLP on Twitter and Facebook, and check out About GLP on Vimeo here: https://vimeo.com/
Key Program Benefits
- Skills and knowledge that support future success in a global economy
- Opportunities to grow a pre-professional network that supports summer internships and jobs, college applications, and valuable experiences through participation in GLP internships, guest lectures, and UVM and other off-campus events
- Planning for short term, semester, or year-long study abroad programs in high school or college
- Program can be completed as a stand-alone academy or concurrently with AVPA or STEM
For more information
- Visit GLP
- Check out the EHS Program of Studies or
- Contact the director of the Global Leadership Program Jill Prado at firstname.lastname@example.org