Here are some great options for summer reading! Please feel free to email me if you need any suggestions for good books (firstname.lastname@example.org)!
- Check out our Top 25 Books at ADL for the 2021-2022 school year. This is a great place to find some new reads!
- Brownell Library always hosts awesome summer reading programs! This year's theme is "Oceans of Possibilities"
- Here's a link to their summer program page
- Register for activities
- Here's a handout describing this year's programs
- If you have questions about anything happening at Brownell Library, please email Sarah Ellis and she can help you! email@example.com
- Phoenix Books is offering a summer reading challenge as well. It's called "Camp Phoenix" - read 8 books and return a completed reading log to a Phoenix Books location between July 1 and August 31 to receive a $10 Phoenix Books gift card!
- The Champlain Valley Fair also has a summer reading program. You can win a FREE one-time admission to the Fair if you three books between June 19 and August 15.
- And 8th graders moving on to Essex High School: you have access to their amazing library! The EHS Library will be open Monday through Thursday, July 5-28 from 8 AM - 3 PM. They'll also be open Tuesdays and Thursdays in August (August 2, 4, 9, 11, 16, 18) from 8 AM - 3 PM. Side note: it's air-conditioned, so if you need a place to literally chill out, this is a great option! It's also a great way to spend some time at EHS before it's full of kids again.