Annual Student Update
2021-22 Annual Student Update Process
We are excited to assist you with Annual Student Update for the upcoming school year using our new online process! By completing the update online, parents no longer need to complete hardcopy paperwork and forms typically required at the beginning of the school year.
Annual Student Update for the upcoming 2021-2022 School Year opens on August 15, 2021.
Use the PowerSchool Parent Portal button below to update your student’s information (see step by step directions below). If you do not already have an account in Powerschool, then please refer to the directions below in order to create the account. You are encouraged to complete this update on a computer; mobile devices are not recommended.
Please complete this Annual Student Update by Thursday, September 30th at the latest. The Annual Student Update is an important process that occurs every year. It is your responsibility to ensure that the school has the most current phone numbers and addresses, emergency contact information, transportation information, and medical information for your student(s). Please note, the Annual Student Update is required for parents and/or legal guardians of all returning students.
EWSD is happy to provide assistance about the school registration and enrollment process to limited English proficient parents in a language they can understand. We will provide translation or interpretation from trained individuals for annual student information updates or for the new enrollment forms.
To request a translator parents would need to contact their school's main office. Assigned translators will work with the family to create a Powerschool Portal account and help the family to fill out the required forms.
If you already have an account in PowerSchool, sign in to your PowerSchool account. After you have signed in:
- Look for your student’s name as shown on the top bar;
- Click on the student’s name.
- Then click the Forms link in the left tab
- If you have more than one child in your family, once you finish with this student, move on to the next student by clicking on their name on the bar in the upper left corner. All students must be updated one at a time.
If you already have an account in PowerSchool but the names of other children do not appear, you must next call your child’s school and ask for their “Access ID and Access Password”. Then again, in PowerSchool, go to:
- “Account Preferences” on the menu on the left side,
- Then click on “Students”
- Then “Add Student”
- Enter your student’s name, their Access ID and Access Password.
- Then select your relationship to your student through the Relationship dropdown.
If you are not certain if you have a PowerSchool account, follow these steps:
- Click on the PowerSchool Portal button.
- Enter your username and password.
- Follow the steps for “Forgot Username or Password?” if needed.
If you have never created a PowerSchool account, you should receive a letter from the district with Powerschool Access ID and Access Password. You can also call your school and ask for an Access ID and Access Password; when given these, click on create account, and enter the ID and Password as directed.
In Powerschool Portal we ask parents/guardians to fill out four online forms:
1. Student Information Form - Using this form you can update your student’s address, legal name, race and gender identity as well as update the list of your student's siblings. Change in address or legal name would require us to receive an attached proof from you.
2. Student Contacts Form - EWSD is using a mass notification system that can reach parents and guardians immediately in case of emergency. The mass notification system can only be effective for families if the district has updated information on its students. You will be able to receive text messages from EWSD if you agree to that.
3. Health Information Form - Your child’s health is important to us! In the event that your child would need medical attention by a school nurse, our healthcare providers would rely on Health Information form information to treat your child.
4. Permissions/Agreements Form - As a parent you would provide EWSD media release and would acknowledge understanding of EWSD policies.
Forms that were successfully submitted will be marked with a green leaf icon.
What to expect after you’ve submitted forms:
School registrars will verify the submitted information and if they find any problems with the provided information they will contact you to make corrections. Otherwise, you will see the form status change to Approved when information was approved by the registrar. That information will then be housed in our Student Information System. If at any point you have new changes to make to any of this information, you can simply log back in and make changes as necessary. A similar process of approval will commence each time to ensure accurate information is retained.
Moving this process to an online form system has many benefits to both you as a parent and to our EWSD system as a whole. While this initial process may take a little more time, by completing this first step, subsequent registration needs will be that much easier.
For more information, please see our Frequently Asked Questions page.
If you have additional questions about the Annual Update Process, your submitted forms status, or if you do not have access to the Internet, please contact your school. For technical support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 802-857-7777.