Welcome to The Galaxy Team
60 Founders Road
Essex, Vermont 05452
Dear Galaxy Team Students and Families,
Welcome to the Galaxy Team! We hope this letter finds you, students and families, well and looking forward to summer. We know that 7th grade is only a vague future reality right now, but we thought we’d let you know about supplies and some basic expectations for August.
As for supplies, we stay simple. Don’t feel the need to buy fancy or expensive items such as Trapper Keepers. Go basic!
Here’s our recommended list of supplies:
- Two, one-inch, three-ring binders.
- One, eight-pack of binder dividers.
- Pens and pencils and a container for them:
- A pouch, a pencil box, or a magnetic holder for a locker.
- A small, “starter” supply of lined paper:
- We keep lined paper at school, but it’s nice to have a little of one’s own.
- A place to write down assignments:
- One of your choice: assignment book, note-pad, a calendar, or a spiral sheaf.
So, what can you expect in the fall?
Students will find out homeroom groups and teachers at the ice-cream social in late summer. Lockers will be assigned on the first day of school during homeroom time.
As for classes, each student will have four academic classes on the Galaxy Team each day: math, science, language arts, and social studies. Mrs. Pratt teaches science, Mrs. Edwards teaches math, and Mr. Mendenhall teaches language arts. Each Galaxy Team teacher also runs a social studies class.
Students will learn everything else they need to know in the fall. Be excited!
We were happy to meet everyone as sixth-graders in June, and we now look forward to greeting them as Galaxy students in August.
Have a great summer,
Mrs. Edwards Mrs. Pratt Mr. Mendenhall