Essex Middle School Athletics
Fall Sports 2019 Information
Please come to the Ice Cream Social held at EMS on Monday, August 26th from 5-6pm to meet coaches, and sign up for a sport.
Tryouts/Practice for fall sports including Soccer, Field Hockey, and Cross Country will begin Wednesday, August 28th.
Practices will be from 3:30-5:00pm daily on non-contest days. See the website for schedule information on game/contest schedules.
Student-athletes must have the following items completed and submitted to the Athletic Director or to coaches as tryouts begin:
1) A completed Athletic Participation/Health Information Form- This can be picked up at school or downloaded from the EMS site-found under EMS Athletics in the "Contents" section).
2) A current physical on record with the nurse. A physical is "current" if it has been completed within two years of the start of the current sport.
3) A signed Parent/Student-Athlete Contract. This contract can only be signed after both athlete and parents read the Athletic Guide and “Concussion in Sports” information and agree to all requirements and responsibilities.
The Athletic Guide and contract forms are located on the EMS school website under the Athletics “contents" section of the site, or at the school front desk.
*** Mandatory Fall Sports Meeting ***
Parents and student athletes must also attend an informational meeting for fall sports that will be held after practices/tryouts on Tuesday, September 3rd from 5:15-5:45pm in the school cafeteria.
***Please take time to read through the information on “Concussion in Sports” found in the EMS Sports section of the website. This is part of the consent to participate guidelines for EMS athletics.
Practices and contests are held in the following locations:
- Soccer- all down at the Prairie Fields (behind the east side of school).
- Field Hockey- in the little league fields behind the school - accessible from both Founders Rd and Foster Rd.
- Cross Country- warm-ups will start on side of building by the cafeteria. Pickups are in front of the school gym.