- In a creative atmosphere with people who have similar career goals
- Creating unique art through hair color and design
- Working in a real cosmetology clinic
What will I learn...
You will learn about the skills to become a real licensed cosmetologist. That means exploring barbering and hair design, nail tech, skin care, color and make - up.
If you enjoy working with others, working with your hands and are interested in a career with lots of creativity and responsibility, cosmetology is for you.
Students can earn up to 500 clock hours (toward license) in one academic year. Cosmetology at CTE is a two year program. Students in the second year run a fully equipped salon.
Imagine that you have just graduated high school and successfully completed the two year Cosmetology program at CTE. After earning your high school diploma, your next step is to take the Vermont State Cosmetology exam right here at CTE. After passing, you'll be on your way to an exciting career!
- Take additional college classes through CCV and earn college credits
- Practice your cosmetology skills on clients in our state of the art clinic
- Visit local salons on field trips
- Work toward eligibility to sit for the Vermont State Cosmetology License
- Complete the hours and coursework to earn certification for CPR and First Aid
- CTE Cosmetology Program is a licensed Vermont State Testing facility
Betty Popple, Cosmetology 1 Instructor
Mary Habecker, Cosmetology 1 Instructor
Yvonne Wolfer, Cosmetology 2 Instructor
Joni Whitehouse, Cosmetology 2 Lab Supervisor
Bailey Davis, Cosmetology 1 Lab Supervisor
Lindsay Ackley, CTE Counseling Coordinator
Ethan Curtis, Career Coordinator/Interventionist
Program Time 9:40 a.m. to 2:05 p.m.
Phone Cosmetology 1: (802) 857-7272
Phone Cosmetology 2: (802) 857-7454
High School Credits Earned
Math (1 credit)Motivated students can take one college course per semester at an area college outside of school hours.
Science (1 credit)
English (1 credit)
Electives (3 credits)
First Aid / CPR
Barbicide Professional Beauty Industry Training certificate
What's Next / Professional Certifications
At the completion of Cosmetology 1 and Cosmetology 2, achievement of 1000 hours, minimum age of 18 years and students who have completed high school apply to sit for the Vermont State License for Cosmetology. CTE is a licensed Vermont State Testing facility.
The Centor for Technology has long standing partnerships with businesses and industry leaders through program advisory committees. The goal of these committees is to ensure that CTE's programs are meeting and exceeding industry standards. Advisory Committees meet twice per year. Posted below are the most recent minutes.