EHS Nurses' Office
EHS and CTE Health Office During Covid Information
The Health Office for EHS and CTE is in full operation during our Covid year. We are seeing all our ill students in the Care Space located in the gym and all of our routine and chronic care is occurring in the Health Office as usual.
We encourage families to contact us ( 802-857-7788 or firstname.lastname@example.org ) for any concerns about illness symptoms, when to stay home, what happens if my student needs to travel or what happens if our family is exposed to Covid. We are here to assist and facilitate your student’s continuous access to education while keeping our school population healthy and safe. Please see this link for more information when a student is sick.
Covid information is constantly being updated. We have added some links for most frequently accessed information but we always welcome calls and emails.
- Do I call the nurse if my child is home sick?
- Always contact the attendance line by phone or online. It is not required to connect with a nurse but your school nurses welcome the opportunity to discuss your student’s health and when it is safe to return to school. 802-857-7788 or email@example.com
- What happens if my child gets tested for Covid?
- Always contact the school nurse if your child is getting tested for Covid. We will have detailed information on when your child can return to school and instructions on accessing education online.
- Do I need to bring in my child’s negative Covid results to the Health office?
- It is not required at this time by the Vermont Department of Health to give the school a copy of the negative test results but it is always welcome. We will be happy to place it in your child’s confidential file and simply confirm to teachers and coaches that your student is now cleared to be present in school and sports. The same clearance message we would give for other illnesses or injuries.
- If someone else in the family is being tested for Covid should I keep my child home?
- Please get guidance from your child’s physician. It may depend on why the other family member is being tested and their symptoms. Please contact us in those cases.
- What if our family needs to travel? Will we need to quarantine?
- Please call the school nurse for any questions about travel and potential quarantine. We will ask you to refer to the current travel information on the Vermont Department of Health site under guidance for Vermonters. The map is constantly being updated but if your student/child travels to a location that qualifies for quarantine upon return, we expect your student will not come into the school building until the quarantine ends. We keep track of all students on quarantine and alert teachers and attendance to the absence from school. https://www.healthvermont.gov/response/coronavirus-covid-19/traveling-vermont
- What if my student gets a concussion and cannot use screens/electronics for education?
- Concussion recovery is individual. Please contact the school nurse if your child sustains a concussion so we can tailor the return to learn plan and communicate with coaches regarding return to play.
This form must be filed annually with the Health Office. Please contact the school nurse if you wish to send in other over the counter medications for your student.
The school nurses may use over the counter medication (e.g. antibiotic cream, anti-itch cream, cough drops) at their discretion. If you have objections to the use of these medications on your child, please notify us.