Welcome to the Westford School Library
Think * Create * Share * Grow
The mission of the EWSD libraries is to create inviting learning environments that inspire and honor curiosity, creativity, and collaboration. In partnership with students and staff, we support and recognize reading as the foundation for students to become skilled in multiple literacies. We strive to ensure that students become successful lifelong learners.
- Library Lending
The Westford library collection is available to all students and staff. Student lending procedures are as follows:
- Preschool and kindergarten- 1 item at a time
- First and second grade- 2 items at a time
- Third and fourth grade- 3 items at a time
- Fifth-eighth grade- 4 items at a time (additional materials needed for classwork may be checked out with permission)
- Audio and ebooks are available to all in the school community through our digital Sora collection.
- Materials may be renewed unless another patron is waiting.
- No fines are charged for overdue items.
- A replacement cost will be charged for lost/badly damaged items.
- Further checkouts may be limited if multiple overdue books are not returned.
- Students will always have access to library books to use in the classroom but may not be able to take them home if they have multiple overdue books.
Library Bill of Rights
The Westford School Library adheres to the Library Bill of Rights to ensure our collection provides for all members of our school community.
Media Selection Procedure
EWSD libraries strive for diverse and inclusive collections that meet the needs of all readers. Our media selection procedure can be found here.