Welcome to the Westford School Library!
Think * Create * Share * Grow
The mission of the EWSD libraries is to create inviting learning environments that inspire and honor curiosity, creativity, and collaboration. In partnership with students and staff, we support and recognize reading as the foundation for students to become skilled in multiple literacies. We strive to ensure that students become successful lifelong learners.
The Westford library collection is available to all students and staff. Lending policies for students are as follows:
- Preschool and kindergarten- 1 item at a time
- First and second grade- 2 items at a time
- Third and fourth grade- 3 items at a time
- fifth-eighth grade- 4 items at a time (additional materials needed for classwork may be checked out with premission)
- Audio materials are available for students in first grade and above and are limited to one per student.
- All materials are due after 2 weeks
- Materials may be renewed unless another patron is waiting.
Video Creation Viewing Party!Posted by Elizabeth Shelley at 9/13/2017
Fifth through eighth grade students participating in video creation class completed their first project this week. Students worked in groups to complete short movie trailers using iMovie. We used storyboards and worked cooperatively to plan locations to film, props to use and various different types of shots including wide, close up and action. Groups edited and reworked their trailers and even included some bloopers in their final products which were shown today. It was so great to see everyone's final products displayed and get ideas for moving forward with our next projects. After our viewing party, complete with popcorn, students self assessed their work on a learning scale.
Our first round of video creations was a great success and was fully student driven. Be on the lookout for many more great projects to come!