About the Library
Our library is open to all members of the ADL school community! Come in to find a great book, do research, make projects, brainstorm amazing ideas, or simply curl up in a cozy space to read.
The goal of the library is to provide every member of the ADL community with the best resources for academic and personal growth.
About the Collection
The library has a wide range of materials covering a variety of subjects, interests, and reading levels to support and enrich the curriculum. Recognizing the fact that our library contains materials from picture books through adult books, we encourage parents and guardians to discuss their children’s reading selections with them.
- You may borrow up to 3 items at a time.
- Items are due back 2 weeks after checkout.
- You may renew an item if no one else has requested it.
- No fines are charged for overdue items.
- A replacement cost will be charged for lost/badly damaged items.
- You cannot attend a dance with a book that is more than 30 days overdue.
- Overdue emails are sent weekly (daily if it's an event week).
- A printed overdue list is delivered to homerooms on Tuesdays.
- An item 60+ days overdue will prevent you from borrowing additional library material until those items are returned.
Library Bill of Rights
The ADL Library adheres to the Library Bill of Rights (opens in a new window) to ensure our collection provides for all members of our school community.
- American Association of School Librarians (AASL) (opens in a new window)
- American Library Association (ALA) (opens in a new window)
EWSD Library Mission Statement
The mission of EWSD libraries is to create inviting learning environments that inspire and honor curiosity, creativity, and collaboration. In partnership with students and staff, we support and recognize reading as the foundation for students to become skilled in multiple literacies. We strive to ensure that students become successful lifelong learners.
Think - Create - Share - Grow
Used with permission from AASL.